Saturday, January 3, 2009

2. How does Faith relate to the world in which we live?

First of all, the matter of how long a person has been a Christian really doesn’t matter. A true Christian in the world in which we live in should have faith in God at all times. For example, if I look back at my life, I had no time and room for Jesus to stay in my heart. However, the only time when I looked for him was when I was in deep trouble. I’ve been going to church ever since when I was born, and I do believe in Jesus like everybody else. But then, when it comes to the time when I look back at my thoughts and actions, I feel awfully ashamed of myself, because the way I live isn’t how God really wants us, believers, or Christians to live. A person could have faith in a lot of different things like one’s self, parents, friends, and teachers. However the only faith that matters is God. God is the perfect one, he is the one who created us, and therefore he is the only one who we can truly believe in.

1 comment:

African Globe Trotters. said...

Oh Daniel, this blog post sounds so much like my life too. It is really hard to give all to Christ - I remember being so like you when I was a teen. Through all my mischief God remained faithful... I did nothing to deserve God's love or grace, yet He gave and gives it freely. I want to encourage you to not give up on God - just start each morning - giving the day and yourself to Him. It's a choice only YOU can make. It will be worth it! Mrs.Mc.